The IRO has entered into agreements with interested Medical Report Providers (MRPs) under which the IRO will pay the Provider directly on a monthly basis for medical reports delivered to Approved Lawyers during the previous month.
Key aspects of the agreements
- It is based on current processes and procedures in place between the IRO and Approved Lawyers.
- Approved Lawyers are able to choose to use any Medical Report Provider or they can continue to contact doctors directly.
- As per current arrangements the IRO requires either a copy of the IME report or electronic access to that report prior to reimbursement.
- Any disputes or disagreements about report fees must be resolved by the Approved Lawyer and the medico-legal report provider prior to IRO reimbursing the provider
- For information about the report fees refer to the ILARS Funding Guidelines.
- The IRO reimburses the medico-legal report provider for the cost of the report less GST.
- Approved Lawyers are liable to pay GST to Medical Report providers for any reports obtained through them.
Current approved Medical Report Providers
- Assess Medical Group
- Clinical Evaluations
- eReports Pty Ltd
- Hunter Medicolegal Pty Ltd
- IMO Pty Ltd
- MAG (MedicoLegal Assessments Group)
- MedAssess Australia
- MEDirect Pty Limited
- MSBC (Medical Specialists Booking Centre)
- Pinnacle Healthcare Pty Ltd
- Prudence Consulting Pty Ltd
- Sinergy Medical Reports
- Unified Healthcare Group Pty Ltd
Provision of health records (clinical notes), historical medical reports and other medical evidence
The IRO has entered into agreements with the companies listed below to pay them directly for health records (clinical notes), historical medical reports and other medical evidence obtained through their online platform by Approved Lawyers. The agreements include a service fee met by the IRO for every single item requested through use of the online platform.
For information about the fees health records (clinical notes) and other medical evidence refer to the ILARS Funding Guidelines.